Monday, April 16, 2012

Are you living a GREAT day?

Some of you may remember my last blog was about having a forgiving spirit. Well, I have to ask my wife to forgive me because I ended my last blog with this statement: “Excuse me for cutting this blog short but I need to go forgive my spouse, AGAIN!” I was trying to be funny but in my haste of my comments I meant to say I needed to cut this blog short to ask for my forgiveness from my wife NOT that I needed to forgive her again! Of course, my wife was a true person of forgiveness because she laughed about it and knew what I was trying to say. Thank you Dana for always being so kind and understanding in every type of situation, it is one of the reasons why I wanted to spend our lives together.

The ninth action to live by is: “My best preparation to live a good tomorrow is to live a GREAT today.” As you can see each action builds on the other actions. As you create MOMENTUM it propels you to GREAT days. As we all know it is not easy to build momentum, but once you do, look out! Do you remember playing on merry-go-rounds when you were a kid? A bunch of your friends would pile on, weighing the body of the thing down and then chanted as you worked to get the platform moving. Getting started was very slow going. The first step was always the hardest—getting it to move from the standstill. You had to push and pull, grimace and groan and throw your whole body into the effort. One step, two steps, three steps—it seemed like you were getting nowhere. After a long hard effort, finally you were able to get up a little bit of speed and run alongside it. Even though you were moving and your friends were cheering louder to get the speed you really wanted, you had to keep running faster and faster, pulling behind it as you ran with all your might. Finally, you found success when you jumped on with your friends and found the joy in feeling the wind in your face and watching the world turn into a smear of colors. After a while, when the merry-go-round started to slow down, you’d hop off and run alongside for a minute to get the speed back up or you could simply give it a couple of good pushes then hop back on. Once the merry-go-round was spinning at a good clip, momentum took over, making it easy to keep going.

This is the same process we go through when we adopt change. We start with one small step or one action that creates a new habit. The process is slow but it is vital we take that action every day because that action will create a new habit, which will create the MOMENTUM we need to accomplish our goals. The secret lies in the daily actions we take every day. This is different than anything our society shows. Our society shows the glamour and glitz of all these superstars but they leave out what it takes to become a superstar. Well, I have just given you the secret. It takes daily actions that will help you create a new habit. As you create new habits the MOMENTUM will propel you forward. Once you get the momentum, nothing can stop you but yourself. What are you willing to start today to get your momentum moving forward? Remember your best preparation to live a good tomorrow is to live a GREAT today!

I encourage you to find your success and results that you are looking for and it will allow you to have the GREAT day! Live each day to the fullest! Make each day the best of your life! Remember it starts with that first step!

Gary Wilbers

No comments:

Post a Comment