Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Where do your talents and gifts come from?

As I reveal my final action to live by in this blog I hope you have found some worthwhile actions to make your life, the life you want it to be. We all have the capability to make our life the BEST if we choose to take ACTION. This week’s action is: “I am a person of great faith. I believe all my talents and gifts come from my God.”

I have to admit I used to have a hard time with the fact that God was the reason for my success and not ME! The main reason I had this challenge is because I believed my hard work and my abilities were the reason my success happened. This has changed over time as I have deepened my relationship with God and started searching for the purpose of my life. I have found over the years the blessings that God pours into my life, my career, my business, my finances, my family and my health, that they all come about because of my God! At this weekend’s mass our priest spoke to us about our decisions to use our talents and gifts (God-given) to become and do what we want. Thoughts that enter our mind are God speaking to us. We should listen to God to find where we can best use all of the gifts and talents he has given. Please look up Ephesians: 1:3-14 and in this passage you will read that in him we were chosen, and destined in accord with the purpose of the One who accomplishes all things according to his will, so that we might exist for the praise of his glory, we who first hoped in Christ.

“I am a person of Great faith. I believe all my talents and gifts come from my God.” Thank God daily for the gifts and talents he has given you. Spend time with God in prayer, mediation and scripture reading. Remind yourself daily God gives us all that we have and all that we offer.

We are five months into 2012; I hope you are reaching your goals and plans you set for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Gary, you probably have no idea who I am, but to give you an idea, I am Logan Nichols girlfiend of almost 5 years. Dede told me about your blog a while back, and told me I would enjoy it. I recently began a blog myself, and enjoy hearing from others. I want to thank you for this post specifically because I too have a faith in God that makes Him my all. Tomorrow my best friend and I are leaving on a mission trip to Haiti, and I would like to ask for your prayers. The talents that He blesses us with often are forgotten, but we all have the gifts and the tools to reach better things. I am hoping that through God, these people in Haiti will see what God has to offer through me. Thanks again for the reminder. I can say that I am reaching my goals, that He has for me.

    ReplyDelete